Due to recent serious health issues, the owners of Huevos de Amor San Jorge have had to reluctantly make the decision to sell this property and business. Consequently, we will NOT be taking on any new customers as of October 1, 2016.
If you are interested in purchasing this property, or you may know someone who would be interested in this property, please contact the owners below:
Herb and Donna DeMars
CR Phone: 8996-8683
Toll Free from Canada or the US: 1-866-978-6556
Check out the video link highlighting the property.
Property details are listed below the video.
After 8 years of enjoying numerous adventures and a “pura vida lifestyle” on our small farm near Rincon de la Vieja National Park in tropical Costa Rica, we sadly have to sell our “piece of paradise” due to health reasons.
Looking for an alternative to the beach? Looking for privacy and a chance to experience the real Costa Rica? Looking for an abundant supply of fresh cool water from a natural mountain spring? Here is a great property for someone looking to get away from it all and live in the beautiful mountains of Costa Rica. With a fresh cool climate year round, this finca is just 25 kilometers (15 miles) on all-weather roads from Liberia and only 15 kilometers (9 miles) on paved roads from the quaint mountain town of Guayabo. No need for A/C and no need for heat. Humidity levels are much lower than can be found around the Lake Arenal area. Grow your own vegetables and fruits; catch tilapia from your own pond; enjoy your own farm fresh eggs; get fresh milk and beef/pork from your friendly Costa Rican neighbors.
This finca is perfect for the adventurous pioneering spirit in many of us. Those adventurous types who love the outdoors and love all those activities – horses, mountain bikes, hiking, self-sustaining farming - will love this farm.
- 1,000 sq ft 2 bedroom / 1 bath cabin with loft and covered terrace - all constructed with fine woodwork and stone features
- stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, slate flooring
- SKY TV, Internet and cell phone reception
- Video camera surveillance system
- 3.1 acres completely fenced with several more building pads for more buildings
- Spectacular views of the Guanacaste plains and Santa Maria & Miravalles volcanoes
- Landscaped with tropical vegetation and fruit trees throughout
- Includes 3 concrete tilapia ponds and all metal construction horsebarn/bodega and chicken coops to accommodate 300 chickens
- Large 2,000 sq ft secure garage with parking for 3 vehicles, enclosed bodega, caretaker’s quarters, laundry room, outdoor kitchen, stone & concrete driveway
- Two sources of water supply with 2 water storage tanks – 2,500 liter capacity & 1,500 liter capacity
- Potential for further development – such as a small hotel with cabinas and/or adventure tours
- 500 meters from Rincon de la Vieja National Park boundary with a myriad of nature activities to choose from
- 45 minutes from Liberia International Airport and 1 hour 15 minutes from the Papagayo beaches